Sunday, August 5, 2012

Feeding and washing the SFCV dogs :)

 I have no idea how but this summer, I was in charge of feeding the dogs at lunch and washing the dogs at least once a week.

Nope, I still have no idea.
Maybe it was because Philip asked me so nicely if I could have this role. So being the sucker that I am, I would help Philip put leftovers in the lunch bowls, give them to the dogs, wash the dishes, and then take it home. We would do this everyday Monday through Friday. Elizabeth and Joseph came along most of the days to call out for the dogs to come out for lunch.
When Philip left with his forever family, Joseph started feeding the dogs after his lunch. Hopefully he will keep up with it when I leave.


We also had the opportunity to wash the dogs. I remember the first week I was here, Elizabeth came up to me and said: " Dogs smell stinky. They need a shower!"
Whenever the kids would want to wash the dogs, I would have them come by the inn after school and then I would have some of the kids at least help with some parts of the showering process. It was a great activity to do with Elizabeth, Joseph, and Philip and I will never forget it. :)

Joseph giving the dogs their lunch!
Posted by Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment