Friday, June 22, 2012

Mari's First Days at SFCV

It is my third day at SFCV has been an interesting stay. My first impression of China was that it looked a bit like a mixture of the Philippines and Kazakhstan with massive amounts of smog! I was in a car today and the air conditioner was blowing out what looked like smoke, but it was smog. China will now be known as the land of the orange sun to me now because of it.
The kids here are great. I have had the chance to hang out with them a couple times and talk with them. I really like everyone here. My roommates are great as well. I have met a lot of cool people from all over the states which I think is one of the best parts of traveling abroad!
This Monday I will start classes with the kids and hopefully start doing art projects with the kids. I am excited to start teaching, I have been thinking out what to go over with the kids. It is fun because I can use some of my experience from taking Russian. The kids are at a similar level with their English as I am with Russian so it helps me understand where they are coming from. So it's going well so far here in SFCV!

From Mari

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Did you get to meet the owners and are you teaching alone, or with an aide? - A.C.

    ReplyDelete